The Future of Clipper is here!
Now you can use your phone to pay fares with Apple Pay and Google Pay.
The Clipper app lets you manage your account on your phone and offers helpful trip planning tools to make travel easy. You can download the app on iPhones and most Android phones.
The choice is yours—keep your plastic Clipper card or pay with your phone. Learn more about Clipper on your phone at clippercard.com/pay-with-phone.
In addition, we’re continuing to build Clipper into a system that offers more features and flexibility, like:
- Integrating with other transportation providers, such as paratransit
- Managing all your family’s Clipper usage in one easy place
- Offering more payment options and ability to transfer value
While fares are set by individual transit agencies, the new Clipper system will handle fare changes more easily and can offer special fare promotions for customers.
Future of Clipper Public Engagement Program:
For more information about past public engagement efforts:
- 2017 Future of Clipper Public Engagement Executive Summary (PDF)
- 2015 Future of Clipper Summary of Public Input (PDF)
Clipper is the transit fare payment system for the San Francisco Bay Area. Launched in 2006 (as TransLink), the system now has nearly 3 million cards in circulation and is used for about 850,000 trips on an average weekday. Clipper is accepted on all Bay Area transit services. MTC – the Bay Area’s transportation planning, coordinating and financing agency – operates Clipper in partnership with the region’s transit agencies.